Have your powered through a session with one of our instructors? Refuel your body with this easy to make and nutritious breakfast or post workout smoothie. Filled with nutrient dense ingredients, this recipe will keep you feeling full and help you glow from the inside out. It contains 6 star natural ingredients:
- Avocado: It is a rich source of healthy fats, vitamin E and antioxidants, which help keep our skin hydrated and prevent free radical damage in our body.
- Blueberries: Blueberries don’t just provide a wonderful natural sweetness, but are also a great source of antioxidants, as well as vitamin C. Vitamin C has vital immune boosting properties and is important for collagen production.
- Almonds: A handful of almonds won’t just keep you feeling full, but will provide you with another dose of vitamin E, healthy fats and protein.
- Spinach: Spinach has a wealth of health benefits! It provides a source of vitamin C, iron, and antioxidants that help our skin glow.
- Oats: The cheapest superfood you can get, oats are fantastic for heart health and will provide you with long lasting energy to get through your day or replenish your body after a workout.
- Coconut water: Coconut water is a natural source of electrolytes and will help rehydrate you after a tough session and adds a hint of sweetness.
Recipe (makes one delicious smoothie)
- ¼ avocado
- 200 ml coconut water
- ¼ cup organic frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup of almonds
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup of oats
- ½ banana
- Optional: Rice or high quality protein powder.
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy!
Recipe created by Naturopath & MPower Pilates student teacher Amy Hotz.