Are you sweating it out in class? Are you getting out and about in the Sydney spring heat? Are you looking for a healthy drink that will quench your thirst? The weather is heating up and now is a great time to pay attention your body and hydration. Popular commercial ‘sports drinks’ may look enticing and healthy, but are often filled with artificial flavours, additives and added sugar. Refresh yourself with this easy to make and satisfying alternative…
Why is it good?
- Coconut water: besides tasting like a tropical holiday, coconut water is a natural source of electrolytes such as potassium. It is often considered natures sports drink.
- Himalayan sea salt: A good quality rock salt is mineral rich and another source of electrolytes like sodium that function to help keep the body hydrated. A small pinch of Himalayan sea salt can help facilitate cell hydration.
- Mint: Fresh mint a deliciously cooling herb that will help you feel refreshed on a hot day or post workout.
Coconut & Mint Hydration Healer
- 200ml organic (no added sugar) coconut water
- 100ml filtered water
- 1 small pinch of high quality sea salt
- a handful of fresh mint (crushed in your hands)
- Optional: fresh berries or a squeeze of lime
Combine all together and sip slowly to feel instantly refreshed, (hydration without the added nasties)!
Recipe created by Naturopath & MPower Pilates student teacher Amy Hotz.
* Photo from Pinterest